Tuesday, April 2, 2013


 to grandfather with love


i think sometimes of my grandfather
whose crumbling chest I still have
the one who travelled to hong kong
where i am told he was imprisoned 
my aunt tia ifa was born there, yes

and sometimes i think of the one 
long before him, who roamed the
forests that i know now as rivona
 yes the one who carved those bulls
on the rocky outcrop of pansaimol

and rarely of my grandad the ape 
indifferently screwing his mate
unthinking of his grandson who
would be only marginally more 
considerate in his technique

but i think often of my grandfather 
the fish  - who lay for a while 
exhausted on the ancient bank
 of the river sal before he resumed 
crawling towards the trees.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. - Jose